The UW held science fairs in the Medical Health Science Building when I as a small child. My father worked in that facility and made sure my siblings and I attended. We all marveled at the cigarette smoking machine, the eels and various exhibits displayed. In junior high school, my girl scout troop took an extensive tour of the campus and Greek row. That was the deal maker for me - I was going to be the first in my family to graduate from college and definitely from UW. Later as a student, I was more excited by the other areas on the campus - from the lush landscaping, student athletic building for sports, meals service in the dorms (where I didn't have to cook), variety of great classes and the bond of pride I developed - to be able to full-fill a dream to be a UW student. Now, 40 years later, I still have that pride of my accomplishment and the university that got me there! Husky Fever - never dies! - Pat Perry, '71

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Why do you love the UW?