My original connection with UW was through Professor Tom Pressly who had been my Princeton honors advisor during the 40s. We got in touch in 1977, when Rosemary and I moved here. I subsequently enrolled in history graduate courses and, after retirement, enrolled full-time, getting my master's in '94. My golden years have been built around my research and writing activities, nurtured by those wonderful professors who became good friends of Rosmary and me: Richard (and Carol too) Johnson, Dick Kirkendall, Otis Pease, Bill Rorabaugh, and Tom Pressly (whom President Emmert named as his guide into the intellectual life). What a group! And what an iconic campus! I love Princeton, but have switched my major bequest to the UW. God knows they need it ... and richly deserve it! - Jim Kahn '94 (Master's)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Why do you love the UW?