The University of Washington gave me opportunity. In 1955, I attended Olympic college as my grades coming out of high school were not good enough to enter UW. I completed 2 years and then joined the Navy to become a Naval Aviator. After 5 years flying for the navy UW granted me admission. First qtr and every succeeding qtr I made deans list. After receiving two masters degrees and two doctorates; having an academic career and a wonderful life in health sciences I look back in gratitude that UW took a chance on me over forty eight years ago. Yes, there are fond memories of some professors and some--still to this day--hurtful memories of one in particular who unilaterally kept me from achieving my BS degree in 1963. Over all a great experience I am grateful for. - Roger,1972

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Why do you love the UW?