The cultural enlightenment...I grew up in a small town that completely lacked diversity. Coming to the UW and being immersed in such a cultural melting pot was immensely important to my education. Go figure that I got into health care and am reminded of the need for cultural sensitivities on a daily basis.

During my four years at the UW, I met just about all of what I would consider my good friends. These are the ones I sit with at football games each fall, attend kids birthday parties with, get together for a game of poker, reach out to for advice when at a crossroad, etc...And the networking opportunities depending on what kind of business you get into!

The education on campus was quite a deal at the time. I gained all the necessary knowledge to propel me into grad school and clinical practice without putting myself (or my parents) into a financial hole...

Last note, the campus remains quite beautiful despite the many additions/renovations. - Jeff Kriegel, '96

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Why do you love the UW?