The teachers and curricula at the UW are top-notch. There are so many ways to get involved, from diverse student groups to teaching your own class in the UW's Experimental College Program. Do you want to do an independent study, one-on-one with guidance from an instructor? You might be able to work out an opportunity like this too. Occasionally, there are lectures available for alumni as well. And don't get me started about all of the research materials available from the library although I will mention that one of my favorites from my time in school was Jean-Marc Lofficier's gigantic compendium on "French Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Horror & Pulp Fiction" that I utilized for one of my presentations in one of my Comparative Literature classes (French 113, if memory serves). If you wish, you can still take advantage of the books as an alumni! - John Merle Holes, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Why do you love the UW?